Dr. Jyotsna Verma is India's most experienced Liver Transplant Coordinator. She worked with the pioneers of this field when Liver Transplant in India was in its developing stage and has been an invaluable asset in the development of Liver Transplant in India with Dr. A. S. Soin and Dr. Subash Gupta. Her experience is unmatched in India in the volume of work she has done for patients and donors undergoing liver transplant operations as well as counselling them and their families.
She has also been trained at Kings College Hospital London under the guidance of Dr. Nigel Heaton, Dr. M. Rela and Dr. John O' Grady in Cadaver Organ Donation and has passion to create awareness about Organ Donation in India to save many more lives with organ failure. With her experience of dealing with about 12000 liver disease patients and personally coordinating more than 800 liver transplants, she established the website, www.livertransplantconsultant.com to help, guide and educate liver disease patients and those in the need of Liver Transplant. She wishes to share the moments faced by end stage liver disease patients, liver transplant patients and their family members.
Dr. Jyotsna Verma cherishes a dream to develop a "Deceased Donor Liver Transplant Program" in India like Europe and United States of America, and is working hard to materialize it. She has started an "Online Consent" for organ donation after death for the first time in India through her website.
The Process of Liver Transplant is highly complex and the patient and his attendants have to face a lot of Medical, Financial and Legal problems. Her sole aim is to provide them relief by proper Guidance, Education and by answering thousands of queries in their minds related to this complex and expensive medical treatment. This can reduce the complexity of this whole process to a large extent and ultimately result in completion of this procedure with full satisfaction.
Above all, Dr. Jyotsna Verma believes that "Informed Decision" is the key to a successful liver transplant and provides knowledge, and satisfaction to liver disease patients and their families.
Her Milestones in the field of Liver Transplant in
Year 2005- Coordinated logistics of
First Liver Transplant of a Patient from Pakistan
- Invaluable role in completion of 100 liver transplants in South Asia at a single center.
- Coordinated logistics of India's First combined liver and kidney transplant from two donors, Master Ganesh Nehru (15 yrs Old)
- Started "Patient Education Classes" for the first time in India at SGRH after training at Kings College Hospital, London
- Coordinated logistics of India's first combined liver and kidney transplant in an adult from two separate living donors
- Coordinated logistics of India's first dual lobe liver transplant from two separate liver donors donating right and left lobe respectively, Mr. Appu Chetiar (from South-India)
- Awarded for "Peerless Coordination" by a patient from Pakistan settled in Saudi Arabia (Mr. Malik Kazim)
- Coordinated logistics of India's first successful re-transplant, Mr. Suman Kapoor (Two sons donated - one initially and other 18 months later)
- Coordinated logistics of India's First and World's First Successful Domino Liver Transplant
- Coordinated logistics of World's first successful Swap Liver Transplant
- Invaluable asset (Ref. Dr. A.S. Soin) in completion of about 600 liver transplants in India with a single team which has now fragmented into several teams.
- Established the website, www.livertransplantconsultant.com to help, guide and educate liver disease patients and those in the need of liver transplant
- Appointed as an Executive Trustee, HOPE Trust, and working to promote Organ Donation Donation in India to save many more lives with organ failure
- Started an "Online Consent" for organ donation after death for the first time in India.
- For the first time in India she has started "Patient Counselling Clinics" in various states of India
- Addressed the First Press Conference at Hyderabad, related to patient education about liver disease and liver transplant procedure - "Liver Transplant in India - Transplant Coordinator's Perspective"
- Coordinated Noida's first Adult Living Donor Liver transplant at Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Coordinated Noida's first Pediatric liver transplant at Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Invited speech/presentation on "Patient Issues in Liver Transplantation", at the Constitution Club of India, New Delhi
- Coordinated Noida's first Cadaveric donor liver transplant at Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Selected presentation on "Liver Transplant in India - Transplant Coordinator's Perspective" at ISOT - 2012, Taj Land Ends, Mumbai